10 trend setting wedding hairstyles for 2013. Looking for a new look? Check out these popular wedding hairstyles. And I've included DIY video tutorials for you to try these amazing styles out. Now you have a reason to get dressed up.
1. Fall for Braids! Waterfall Braids- Braids are huge this year and show no signs of slowing down for 2013! The waterfall braid is especially beautiful because it works just as well for the boho bride as it does for a classic one. Here is a great video for DIY waterfall braids
2. Top it Off -a Ballerina Bun- It was actually my hairdresser who first introduced me to this DIY sock bun look. It is pretty and easy to do and the result is great. Another bun variation is the chestnut bun. Both looks are amazing for everyday or your wedding day.
3. Good Catch- The Fishtail Braid- By far one of the most popular looks is the fishtail braid and so many people don't know how to do one. I found this really easy and clear DIY fishtail braid video. The trick with the fishtail braid is to be able to loosen it. Like in this wedding hairstyle. You can also try out the fishtail braid updo version: fishtail braid updo
4. C'est Mignon- the Chignon Bun- The Chignon bun has made a comeback and will still be going strong in 2013. It screams classy and sophisticated. Here is a DIY wedding day chignon tutorial or if you prefer a tutorial for a side braid chignon
5. Get it Straight- Straight Hair - I always get a lot of questions about how to style straight hair. And seeing as my hair is super straight you'd think I'd know. Brides who chose to wear their hair straight look adorable. Here are some helpful straight hair tips and a video for how to style your hair straight with a ceramic iron: straight wedding hair style
7. Do it with a French Twist- Once the only popular wedding hairstyle, the french twist is popping up everywhere. You can wear it messy like in the photo below of go with something much tighter for a neater and more classic look. Either way this DIY French Twist video will help.
8. Ride the Waves- I love hair waves. The look of loose wavy beach hair is soft and so romantic, but it isn't for everyone. Trust me I've tried. Here is a great step by step for mermaid curls or a video for how to get the beachy wavy look
9. Tie the Knot- a Knot Ponytail - The knot ponytail is perfect for the rustic wedding and it's a fun twist on the everyday pony. Here's a video to DIY the knot ponytail. How cute is this bride?
10. On the Romantic Side - hair that is styled to the side creates a very sweet and romantic look. Just make sure that you choose the side that will be in pictures, and facing your guests. Here is a video for how to get this sweet side sweep
Click on any of the pictures to see the original posts and image sources.
Chances are the hairstyle you go with will be a combination of any of these styles. I highly recommend going wih a pro for your wedding day and setting up a hair and make up trial before hand. But get creative and try out a bunch of different looks, by yourself or with a friend. Isn't that what bridesmaids are for? And choose a hairstyle that works well not only for the style of your wedding but for the type of hair you have. This way you are guaranteed a hairstyle that suits you and will last.
Which hair trend do you love?